Barbara J. Stack wanted to bring back good quality, practical design. She was ready to get back to full time design – after working for local commercial contractors and custom home builders as a project manager and designer/estimator for several years. Good, accurate, creative designs and plans seemed to be an endangered species for much too long. Barb created Design Resources, in historic downtown Berlin, in 2009.
- Barb started her career in 1983 as an apprentice architect with a new Architectural/Engineering firm in Salisbury, Maryland. As the first employee of the small firm, she was given an amazing education that few apprentices or interns experience. She has worked on a wide variety of both commercial and residential projects. With 16 years of architectural experience from two Salisbury architectural firms, and almost 10 years of construction project management experience, Barb has a wealth of knowledge that is hard to match.
- Barb had always known Berlin had great potential – and Berlin was on the cusp of it’s resurgence. She became involved with the Planning Commission, Main Street Design Committee and sat on the Board of Directors for the Berlin Chamber of Commerce. Barb had a lot of creativity brewing and made a large impact promoting the town when she created the Berlin New Years Eve Celebration and Ball Drop. She was also very involved in the Chamber’s Jazz and Blues Bash for 2 years. Approximately 3,000 people come to each event in historic downtown Berlin each year.
Richard J. Stack is a well seasoned LEED certified, Maryland licensed architect. Rick received his degree in Environmental Design from the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque. He worked for several years in architecture before moving to the Eastern Shore. Rick has also worked in a few Salisbury architectural firms for over 16 years and has a wide range of experience – including new building design and many renovation projects.
- Rick has been a Campus Architect for Salisbury University, on a contract basis, where he has worked on many campus renovation projects.
- Rick was vice-chairman of the Berlin Historic District Commission for 5 years.
- Rick joined Design Resources, LLC in 2012 to work with Barb on both new and renovation commercial projects.
Together, the husband and wife team of Design Resources has more than 60 years of combined experience! They are well known for their commitment to high quality architectural design. Great design + careful attention to details = a highly successful project with a happy owner.
Call us today and let’s talk about your ideas for your project.